Monday, January 26, 2009

Our tirp to LA

Matt was asked by Thaddeus and Mellisa to perform their wedding in January in Oxnard, CA which is about an hour north of Los Angeles. It worked out for me to be able to go also, so we made a trip out of it and went out a little early and stayed later. We are so blessed to have my sister and her family here in town! Emerson stayed with them while we were away and she even got to spend a day with Grand D (JoEtte) too!
We had a great trip and got to see and do a lot of neat things. Below is a slide show of some of the pictures I took. We also got to see a taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. That was a fun surprise and really neat to see the behind the scenes action. Matt was able to catch up with a friend that he grew up with all through school. It was neat to finally meet him. We also met up with Chase and Haley West and went to the Farmers Market and Hollywood. I don't know why I forgot to take a picture with them!
We had a great getaway but were definitely ready to get home!



5 comments:

Jay said...

You DID get some cute pictures.

I like west elm too! --- and I love those trees, they are very cool. --- And how cool that you saw Air Force One. :) Oh, and 88 degrees in January, isn't that insane!

Anonymous said...

Those "cool" trees looked like that had endured a lot, didn't they?!? Thanks for the "Charlie" picture. You know that was also your grand daddy Swartzel's name, hunh?!? The Emerson street sign is just too cool!!!

Glad y'all are safe at home and had such a good time.

Love....Dad :)

George Houston said...

Looks like you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ya'll got to see so much! What a great trip! I'm so glad you were able to go with Matt. How about an Emerson Street?? Cool! I know she loves the picture of Mickey and Dad. Great shot!

Love, Mom

Tony and Susan said...

how did you get to see air force one? or was it the fake one for the movies? :)

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones