I was driving home yesterday and just a few houses down from ours I saw a few things put out by the curb that looked interesting to me. So, I put Emerson in her wagon and we went down to street. I went up to the door, knocked on it and asked the man if the things by the curb were intended for the trash. He said they were so I asked if he minded if I took some things. He looked at me kind of funny and said no. So as you see in the picture below, we are working on a playground for Emerson on a zero budget! I know some of you are wondering why I would want someone else's trash, but let me tell you, Emerson has been so excited with the two minutes she got to play in the house already. With a little pressure washing they will look almost new and we will get a lot of play out them I'm sure! Matt was laughing at how differently we see things. He said I look at that on the side of the road and wonder how I could use it and he looks at it and wonders when the garbage truck is coming. He is excited that I took the initiative to get it, especially after he saw how excited Emerson was to play with them. So thanks Mom and Dad for instilling thriftiness in me. I constantly have fun with it!
2 comments:
That is SO something that I would have done :-)
I think the playhouse looks great and she will love playing in it by herself and with Katie Beth! Nana
Post a Comment