Sunday, October 26, 2008

Operation Serve

Last Sunday at Westwood we had the opportunity to serve our community. We had breakfast together and then had a time of worship and a charge to go and do. We had several groups doing different things that morning/afternoon. I was with the group that went to the Rescue Mission and served lunch. The conditions were pretty bad there and it was a definite reminder of all that we have. Matt was with the group that was roofing a members house from Westwood. They worked all day Saturday and were planning on finishing on Sunday. It didn't happen, so Matt and a few others worked all day on Monday to finish the roof. Sandi, Mason and Katie Beth went to Tift Park and cleaned up the area by picking up trash and doing some yard work. It was a huge success and I can't wait until we do it again. The energy everyone had in serving the community was awesome!




Matt is in the red hat
Katie Beth working at the park
I just loved this one of Gary and Gloria- aren't they cute!

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones